We always want to welcome a new baby in to our lives but they don’t always come on schedule. Make several of these cards to have it when you need one in a hurry or when you are too rushed to make it at the time of a New Baby!
- Take a 6 x 6″ white card and envelope to work with and select a flowery sheet from the paper pack. Trim your selected paper down to 6 x 6″ so that it covers the entire front of the card.
2. To decorate the card further, select another floral print and fussy-cut sections to decorate the card corners and create a large frame for the rabbit sticker to sit on top of. A craft knife is perfect for cutting out these intricate shapes.
Making a card for someone can be two pages or one big one. I am talking about more like a scrapbook page. Look at the example below to get an idea of the “card” you could make for someone you love.
1. Start by choosing your patterned papers – I used four different designs and just sized them differently for the card or the scrapbook.
2. Cut your papers as follows and mat each one onto white cardstock and leave around an 1/8-inch border. I used double-sided tape to adhere the patterned papers to the plain cardstock.
For the card:
a. 5.5 x 5.5 inches (doesn’t need to be matted as it will be matted straight onto the blank greetings card)
b. 4 x 4 inches
c. 2 ¾ x 4 ¼ inches
d. 3 ¾ x 2 ¼ inches
For the scrapbook:
a. 7 ¼ x 7 ¾ inches (needs matting)
b. 5 ¾ x 5 ¾ inches
This Butterfly Card is very pretty and fun to make. You will need: Ink pads, Ink bleeding tool, white cardstock or watercolor paper, layered butterfly stamps, heating tool, embossing ink pad, white embossing powder (this gives the butterflies an awesome look), old stiff brush, a sentiment and a cutting tool.
1. Cut a sheet of white cardstock to 12 x 12 cms ( 4.72 X 4.72 inches). Ink with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks and a blending tool – Try using Salty Ocean, Peacock Feather and Blueprint Sketch. Dry the panel with a heat tool before moving on to the next step.
2. Using embossing ink, stamp the top detailed image from the layered butterfly stamp set onto the panel, sprinkle with white embossing powder and set with a heat tool...
Here is a glamorous, glitter, shaker card that is loaded with sparkles that anyone would love to receive. If you can part with it.
Step 1: Cut the white card as follows:
Piece A – 5” x 12” (12.5cm x 30.5cm); score at 6” to create the card base.
Piece B – 5 ¾ “ x 4 ¾ “ (14.5cm x 12cm)
Piece C – 5 ½ “ x 4 ½ “ (13.5cm x 11cm)
Piece D – 3 ½ “ x 2” (8.5cm x 5cm)
Step 2: Attach the double-sided sheet to the card piece B. From the centre of this piece B and the front of Piece A, die cut the rectangle from the Frames & Tags Ava set. Save the central rectangle piece!
From the centre of the front of Piece A, die cut the rectangle from the Frames & Tags Ava set.
TIP: Use low tack tape to hold the die in position for cutting.
Step 3: Remove the backing from the piece B...